Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Thanksgiving, Christmas Ball, Blah blah

Hey everyone,

I've recently been told that I need to update the blog. As I stated in my last post, I'm a lazy beast. AND these last two months have been really effin' busy.

First, I've received several emails concerning our safety here in the UK. So i'll say this once, and then never again. Never in my life have I felt safer. Half the time, we forget to lock our doors. I've only got 2 and 1/2 years left in this beautiful country, I'm not going to spend it afraid of what might happen. Too many things to experience and not nearly enough time. Plus, if we live our lives in fear of ISIS, they win. That is all.

We celebrated our first holiday! Will and I (AND THE LOVELY KATE JOHNSON) hosted Thanksgiving. We had two turkeys, one ham, all da fixins, and 12 lovely brits in our home from 1:30 pm until about 1 am. We watched the Ohio State VS. scum game, ate and drank our little hearts out. It was pretty incredible. I love them all. All of em. The whole lot.

Scarlett successfully completed her first semester of kindergarten. And she got her first report card! It's adorable. She was an angel in her school's Nativity play. I'm so proud of my tiny human! Also, may I just say, 3 weeks is too fuckin' long for Christmas holiday? I think a week tops is probably good. Just saying.

Eve is her normal happy self. She gave us all the flu. (And a couple of our friends) And her ear smells like rotten meat stick. But she's slapping Scar around. Running the show.

Will finished his course at Wallop so he's home. Thank God. I was really sick of only being able to torture him on the weekends. It made my life very boring.

Willy Boy Wonder and I went to his Christmas Ball. To be honest, I don't remember much. But I must have had a good time. Because I look REALLY happy in all of the pictures. I saw a man in a kilt and did a shot of tequila. Thats about all I can really remember before rounding Will up for transport. I DO REMEMBER THAT THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. I had some sort of pudding that was in a cup? I don't remember. But that shit is on point. SCRUMP.

Christmas is just around the corner. Will's Aunt Peg is coming to stay with us for a few weeks, and we're spending 3 nights in London doing fun touristy stuff. And, to keep some tradition, we are having Christmas enchiladas! And cookie day. Excited to spend our first Christmas here!

I'll attach pictures when I'm done yelling at my kids. Per usual, they are up to no good.

-Badashley (Hahah I just came up with that, but I love it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment