Saturday, August 8, 2015

Our day in London, and a little bit of Museum Etiquette

Hey!

So yesterday, We took the train from Manningtree (15 minutes from our house) to London. The train was so neat! We passed the 1 hour journey buy playing cards with Scarlett. Eve passed the hour working up the largest dump to ever come out of any tiny human. Of course, the bathrooms were out of order. I changed her on the seat next to me. You're welcome, Mr. Business man. YOU ARE WELCOME.

Once we got to London, we hopped off the train and took the Tube to the London Eye. Which is basically a giant freaking ferris wheel. You can see everything. Anyway, the Tube. Basically a subway. Its underground. Stinky. Very fast paced. Scarlett was a trooper. That crib midget didn't complain once. Basically, she is a lil baby boss.

After that we grabbed lunch.  Then we headed to the Natural History Museum. This is obviously a place that everyone going to London HAS to visit.

DISCLAIMER: This is where my rant comes in. So unless you want to read me bitching about stupid assholes, leave now! 

OK, I get it. You're in London for a week and there's a lot of stuff you have to see before you're vacation it over...BUT that doesn't mean that you can force people to go through a museum, a museum that you probably are only going to so you can say you went, faster. You see, my husband and I actually enjoy museums. We like to take our time. Look at everything. Teach Scarlett. We like to ACTUALLY READ WHATS WRITTEN on the wall by each exhibit. We planned on spending 3 hours in this Museum. But unfortunately, I was getting Body Checked by this grown ass Stinky Italian Man that didn't actually want to be there in the first place. That fact that I had to use my very expensive camera as a weapon, is ridiculous. What should have taken us 3 hours of amazing museum to enjoy, only took barely 2.

Also, for certain interactive exhibits (which are usually intended for children), form a fucking line. If you're an adult walking up to an interactive exhibit, look around you. If you see children waiting, let them go first. I literally can not tell you how many grown ups jumped in front of Scarlett, or simply pushed her out of the way SO THEY could see. It's ridiculous.

Also, PERSONAL SPACE, mother fuckers. I shouldn't be able to elbow you in the stomach from behind.  I shouldn't be able to smell your lunch, or your lack shower. The only sweaty man junk I want to accidentally touch is my husbands....OR DR. SPENCER REID's, but let's not talk about that just yet.

OK RANT OVER.

So, after the Museum, we took the tube to Kings Cross Station, all my fellow Potter fans are surely keeping up, right?? Yes. Platform 9 3/4. I tried talking Willy boy into letting me buy a wand. He talked me out of it. Which means he had better be sticking one in my Christmas stocking.

HA. So on our way home, we had to take a train from London to Colchester, because there were no straight through trains running to Manningtree at the time, and I'm impatient.  But I accidentally jumped on the wrong train in Colchester. Because instead of "Manningtree," I said, "Maintree??" And the guy was like, "Uhhh, sure." Will followed blindly behind me because he saw me ask the guy, and he assumed that I knew what I was talking about. I did not know what I was talking about. And roughly 10 minutes later, Will realized were heading towards the beach and not towards Manningtree. And we hopped off. Long story short, and a few minutes of shame later, we ended up back where my car was parked. I opened him a cider as soon as we got home and all was forgiven. But it definitely added an hour to our trip. And Will sent me to bed without supper.

We will probably spend one weekend every month traveling to London exploring, until Will leaves for the British version of flight school, which is probably 3 months long. Then, the girls and I will drive to a new place every weekend, where Willy boy will join us after work on Fridays. We have our travel passport and visa appointment on Tuesday, so we can start traveling out side of England shortly. But for now, I'm really just enjoying this place. We try and take a new public walking trail every other day or so.

I SWEAR I WILL UPLOAD PICTURES.

Bye Felicia?

No comments:

Post a Comment